Canada New Immigration Programs opened for Hong Kong Residents

Canada is accepting more Hong Kong residents with 2 new immigration programs.

Marco E.L. Mendicino
Mendicino announcing Canada new immigration programs to support Hong Kong residents.

On June 8, 2021, Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced 2 new permanent residence pathways to help more Hong Kong residents to come to Canada. Offering workers and recent graduates a faster permanent residence application process. Canada is accepting Hong Kong residents without a lineup, or TOEFL/IETLS exams.

“With young Hong Kongers casting their eyes abroad, we want them to choose Canada. Our Hong Kong immigration pathway is a historic initiative, intended to attract talented applicants who will drive our economy forward.”

—The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship

The Canada New Immigration programs focus on workers or recent graduates of Hong Kong residents. Eligible applicants must have valid temporary resident status. Must be in Canada, when submitting applications and when the residency is granted. They must meet the eligibility requirements subject to Canada’s regular immigration application, screening processes, and admissibility requirements. And Canada New Immigration Programs aim to provide a priority processing for Hong Kong residents as well.

Canada New Immigration Programs Stream A – In-Canada graduates

  • Degree (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate)
  • Diploma from a program that is at least two years in length
  • Graduate or post-graduate credential from a program that is at least one year in length; in addition, the program must require a post-secondary degree or diploma. This program must be completed within 5 years.

Canada New Immigration Programs Stream B – Canadian work experience

Applicants must have at least one year of full-time work experience or 1,560 hours of part-time experience in Canada in the last 3 years. They must also have completed one of the following at a post-secondary institution in or outside Canada in the last 5 years:

  • Degree (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate)
  • Diploma from a program that is at least 2 years in length
  • Graduate or post-graduate credential (for a diploma or certificate) from a program that is at least 1 year in length.

CCC offers many programs including Hospitality Management Diploma with 1 year paid Co-oP. Our program fully meets the requirements of Stream A and B. We also provide our students with unforgettable co-op experiences that will help their future careers down the road.

This public policy for Hong Kong residents will be in effect from June 1, 2021, to August 31, 2026.

For more information regarding the permanent residence for Hong Kong residents, please visit IRC’s website at