- Web Design and Development
- Digital Marketing
- Business Administration
- Hospitality Management
- No-Code Development & UI/UX
- English as a Second Language Certificate
- English for Academic Purposes Certificate & Pathway
- Business and Hospitality Communication Certificate
- English Study Tour
- STUDENT AFFAIRS
Method of Instruction
Combination of Instructor-led lectures, guest speakers, case studies, presentations, online reading and exams. Online delivery will utilize Canvas (Learning Management System) to host lectures, assign homework, start discussions and monitor attendance.
About the EAP Program
The English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP) is designed for intermediate to advanced English students who want to develop their academic reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills in pursuing higher education. The English for Academic Purposes program is divided into 4 levels: 4 (Elementary), 5 (Intermediate), 6 (Upper-intermediate), and 7 (Advanced). Each level runs for 8 weeks. Students will enter into the appropriate level based on their entrance English placement test results. During the program, regular tests will be conducted to ensure students’ understanding of the materials and progress to the next level.
The purpose of the English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP) is to equip students with academic English language skills and the confidence to excel in the Canadian higher education environment.
Upon successful completion of level 7, students will be able to continue their studies in post-secondary institutions without the need to provide an English test result (e.g. IELTS).
- Upon successful completion of level 4, students’ English proficiency is equivalent to IELTS 4.0
- Upon successful completion of level 5, students’ English proficiency is equivalent to IELTS 5.0
- Upon successful completion of level 6, students’ English proficiency is equivalent to IELTS 6.0
- Upon successful completion of level 7, students’ English proficiency is equivalent to IELTS 6.5
※ Overall duration may vary based on each student’s level at the start and their progress.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Apply various academic skills such as setting goals, studying independently, critical thinking, and avoiding plagiarism.
- Use a range of academic language and grammatical structures in academic contexts in order to produce written and spoken language with minimal errors.
- Apply listening and reading strategies in order to use note-taking skills, recognize main ideas and specific details, recognize text organization, and think critically about various academic topics in a variety of genres.
- Apply various speaking techniques in order to participate in academic situations such as expressing an opinion, using conversation skills such as turn-taking, and logically designing presentations and summarizing academic content.
- Apply various writing techniques in order to logically organize ideas in paragraphs, opinion, and compare/contrast essays, and express them clearly in an academic voice.
- Research and cite concrete evidence in support of opinions in written assignments using APA citation format with an awareness of other citation formats.
- Use various exam strategies, including following instructions, planning and outlining, predicting, using context to understand, etc. in order to take a mock IELTS exam.
Academic Admission Requirement
The minimum entry requirements vary based on the level.
- Level 4 IELTS less than 4.0
- Level 5 IELTS 4.0-5.0
- Level 6 IELTS 5.0-6.0
- Level 7 IELTS 6.0 and above
EAP Program Start Date
2022 & 2023 Weekly Intakes Available
EAP Program Class Schedule
- Monday 9:30AM to 1:30PM
- Tuesday 9:30AM to 1:30PM
- Wednesday 9:30AM to 1:30PM
- Thursday 9:30AM to 1:30PM
- Friday 9:30AM to 1:30PM
※ Lecture schedule may be subject to change.
Choose University Pathway with Create Career College (CCC), and get on the path to join a top college or university with courses designed to attain language level requirements, improve vital post-secondary skills, and offer seamless placement into a network of international partner schools.
Create Career College has experienced advisors dedicated to providing career assistance to students. Students at CCC College are able to maximise their potential and greatly enhance their competitiveness in today’s job market.
If you have any questions, please contact us using the enquiry form below.